[caption id="attachment_426" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Standing Out On eBay Can Be Hard.[/caption]
5 Tips To Stand Out On eBay
- Offer Something For Free. By offering a free bonus with purchase you'll not only increase the chances that they will buy from you but also the chances they'll come back to you again in the future. The key is to offer something that doesn't cost much in terms of money but that can add value for the customer. The video game market is great for this because there are many things you can offer that cost very little to include. Some examples are printed cheat codes, walkthroughs, small posters, freeware games or even access to free member sites. Of course whatever you offer you'll want to make sure that you're legally allowed to do so.
- Have A Generous Return Policy. Most eBay sellers are moving away from longer return policies especially on used video game consoles. One way you can stand out then is by having an excellent return policy. This may mean that you have to accept more returns from customers. However, you should be able to make up for this by charging more for your item than the sellers who don't have a return policy. Your warranty should be highlighted in your listing as a reason to buy from you.
- Create A Call To Action. More than likely your listings all have a call to action. That is you tell the buyer to buy the product from you and why. After the sale you should do the same. If you want the buyer to add you to their favorite sellers then add that to your post sale emails. If you have a blog to update your buyers (which is a great idea) direct them there. If you operate a store eBay allows you to build a an email list directly, make sure you are taking full advantage of this tool.
- Get Some Branding. That little tiny eBay user name in the right hand corner of the screen is probably not going to get the buyer's attention. Try creating some simple banners and logos for your store or even using your eBay ID. Not into graphic design? You can use a simple program like MS Paint or DrawPlus to create simple but effective logos. You can also add branded flyers or custom business cards to each shipment.
- Share What You Know. If you've been selling on eBay for a while you've probably learned a thing or two along the way. You can share this knowledge on forums, blogs, and by creating relevant eBay guides. This will help get your name out there and make you more well-known in the eBay community.
Any other ideas? Add them below.